Cost: $70 After you send in your registration an invoice will be sent which can be paid with a credit card via the secure Square site. Several days after that you will receive an invitation from Webex containing a link to the meeting and confirming the date.
Click here to register
Description: SCADA, communications, and controls are the pipeline’s nerves providing multiple inputs from the pipeline and carrying back control commands. From field instruments, station PLCs or computers, to the control room computers and operator consoles, this module provides a broad overview of the entire control scheme from a practical perspective. Students find the scada video particularly interesting.
- Describe the major scada components.
- Explain the difference between local station and centralized scada.
- Explain the purpose of a “smart device”.
- List at least three design decisions.
- Describe what scada applications are.
- Describe what “time stamped” means.
- Explain what “process data” means.
- Explain what an “event” is.
- Explain what a “command” is.
- Describe the types of information contained in the “real time data base”.
- Local vs Centralized Scada
- System Components
- Scada Data Bases
- Design Considerations
- Operating Decisions
- Scada Performance
- Communications Systems
- Scada Screens
- Local Scada
- 35 Power Point slides presented by the instructor and two videos via the Webex platform.
- Q & A after each slide.
- Limited to 12 students.
- Oil pipeline controllers
- Other oil pipeline control room personnel
- Field operations personnel
- Others who work with controllers
- Commercial trading, scheduling, and marketing professionals
For more information