Next Scheduled Class: September 8th from 8:00 10:00 - 12:00 Central Time
Cost: $240.00 After you send in your registration, an invoice will be sent which can be paid with a credit card via the secure Square site.
Description: Pipeline hydraulics has all to do with understanding pressures and flow rates. The key focus of this class is teaching students the five basic hydraulics tools with include the systems resistance curve, hydraulic gradient, systems profile, pump curve, and operating point. These tools and how to use them are the focus of this module. It covers fluid properties and behavior, demonstrating the practical aspects of pipeline flow. Intended for those without a technical background, even veteran engineers comment they gain a fuller understanding of why pipelines behave the way they do.
- Describe in detail the following five hydraulic tools
- Systems resistance curve
- Hydraulic gradient
- System profile along with the MAOP line
- Pump curve
- Operating Point
- Combine the systems resistance curve and pump curve graphs and explain how and why they show the operating point of the line.
- Describe how control valves and variable speed drives are used to control flow.
- Combine the systems profile and hydraulic gradient and explain:
- What the distance between the profile and gradient show
- What happens when the hydraulic profile falls below the system profile
- Describe how to convert from psi to feet of head.
What is hydraulics and why understand it?
Introduction to hydraulic tools
Review properties of fluids
Pressure, friction loss and flow rate
Predicting how the line will operate
Basics of fluid flow
Hydraulic tools in detail
86 Power Point slides presented by the instructor via the Webex platform.
Q & A after each slide.
Limited to 12 students.
Oil pipeline controllers
Pipeline design and construction engineers
Oil pipeline energy managers
Discipline engineers who want to know more about oil hydraulics
For more information