Description: This lesson covers the basic materials from which pipelines are constructed including pipe, coatings, cathodic protection, valves and actuators. Included in the lesson are two videos from a pipe manufacturing facility and one video from a pipe coating facility.
Cost: $100. After you send in your registration an invoice will be sent which can be paid with a credit card via the secure Square site. Several days after that you will receive an invitation from Webex containing a link to the meeting and confirming the date.
- Describe the two most common ways of welding the longitudinal pipe seam during pipe manufacturing.
- Explain what SMYS means and why it is important.
- Explain the purpose of Fusion Bond Epoxy (FBE) coatings.
- Explain the purpose of a rectifier.
- Explain the purpose of a ground bed.
- List three common fittings and explain their purposes.
- List the four main types of valves used in the pipeline industry to perform the isolation function.
- Explain what the control function of a valve means.
- Explain the function of an actuator.
- Manufacturing methods
- Cathodic protection
- Ground beds
- 44 Power Point slides and three videos presented by the instructor via the Webex platform.
- Q & A after each slide.
Limited to 12 students.
- Company personnel new to the midstream industry.
- Current professional support personnel who want to learn more about the industry so they can interact with those they support.
- Industry vendors and suppliers who want to better understand the industry.
- Others in the industry who want to widen their view and understanding.
For more information