September 20, 2019
On August 27th, Tom Miesner of Pipeline Knowledge, LLC taught Controller Basic Training for a team of new controllers. The class included the following topics:
- Control Room Management
- Control Room Operations
- Scada and Controls
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Tools
- Alarm Management
- Field Operations
- Pumps, Motors, and Controls
- Meters, Provers, and Samplers
Comments from the class included the following:
- Good discussion.
- Good review with added in information.
- Good explanation of how scada works.
- Excellent presentation.
- Interaction good - response from instructor.
- Training was good information - straight forward to the point and easy to grasp.
- Instructor was on topic and to the point.
- Enjoyed it very much.
- Good information on meters (calibration and meter factor).
- Hydraulic gradient information was new and interesting.
- Very well organized.
- Great presentation.
- Good job of keeping everyone involved.
- Straight forward training - really good info.