The next public offerring of Oil and Gas Pipeline Fudamentals is May 15th and 16th in Houston.
We are currently offering four promotions for this class;
- discount of $500 for registrations received and paid prior to April 15, 2018. Discount code EBMay
- discount of $400 for members of the Young Pipeline Professionals organization. Disount code YPP.
- discount of $300 for employees of AOPL member companies. Discount code of AOPL.
- discount of $200 for the second and subsequent registrations from the same company. Discount code of MTPL.
The promotions can not be combined.
Location - 480 North Sam Houston Pkwy E #270, Houston, TX 77060
Duration - May 15, 8:30 to 4:30, May 16, 8:15 to 2:30.
Cost - $1,495 which includes the class, a color training manual, refreshements both days, and lunch on both days.
Audience - Oil and Gas Pipelines for Non-Technical Professionals is designed specifically for new oil and gas pipeline technical and opeating personnel and those who are employed by oil and gas pipeline companies in accounting, financial, and other support capacities such as HR, legal, supply chain and PR. It is also valuable for those who work for companies which provide support services and sell products and software to oil and gas pipeline companies.
Syllabus - The class is comprised of 11 lessons as shown on the schedule below:
- 8:30 – 8:45 Introductions and safety orientation
- 8:45 – 9:30 Introduction to Midstream
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 11:45 Equipment and Components
- - pipe, coatings, fittings, valves, actuators
- - pumps, compressors, motors, engines, control
- - meters, provers, samplers
- - above and below ground storage, fire suppression
- 11:45 – 12:30 lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15 Field operations
- 1:15 – 2:00 Control room operations
- 2:00 – 2:15 break
- 2:15 – 3:00 Scada
- 3:00 – 4:00 Introduction to pipeline integrity
- 4:00 – 5:00 Q&A and review
- 8:15 – 8:30 Q&A
- 8:30 – 9:30 Introduction to hydraulics
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 10:45 Pipeline construction
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 11:45 Facility construction
- 11:45 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:00 Pipeline regulations
- 1:00 – 1:45 Midstream economics
- 1:45 – 2:30 Q&A and review
This is an instructor led class which makes use of slides, videos, and examples from Mr. Miesner's extensive midstream experience.
Instructor - Tom Miesner has a deep midstream background as an operator, executive, business consultant, and board member. The first twenty five years of his career were spent at Conoco, where he held midstream engineering, operations, business development, strategy and executive positions, including serving as president of Conoco Pipe Line Company for seven years. At the time of the merger between Conoco and Phillips, Tom consulted with ConocoPhillps executive management to develop and staff the combined transportation company. Following the merger, Tom retired from ConocoPhillips to found a midstream consulting company – Pipeline Knowledge & Development.
Tom personally loves to learn and has a passion for knowledge transfer. Over the past 10 years, Tom taught over 150 instructor led classes, both public and private. Tom has worked extensively with FERC in areas of liquid pipeline rate matters, served on the faculty of Northwestern University’s Transportation Institute, and presented on a variety of topics at industry conferences. His book, Oil and Gas Pipelines in Non-Technical Language, was released by Pennwell Publishing in March of 2006. His second book. Local Distribution Pipelines in NonTechnical Language was released by PennWell Publishing in November of 2016 and he is currently working on the second edition of the first book. Tom serves on the Oil and Gas Journal Editorial Board and on the Research Advisory Board for PennEnergy Research.