This class is scheduled for March 9th from 9:30 to 11:30 Central.
Cost: $210. After you send in your registration, an invoice will be sent which can be paid with a credit card via the secure Square site.
Description: This lesson contains pictures and illustrations, of the major pieces of equipment comprising oil pipelines and facilities. Centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, electric motors, variable speed drives, control valves, pressure relief valves, four types of meters, three types of provers, samplers, scraper launchers and receivers, automatic custody transfer unit, DRA injection skids, and tanks, are all explained in easy to understand nontechnical language. It is a companion class to Oil Pipeline and Facility Components.
- Discuss what a skid is and why it is useful.
- Describe how centrifugal pumps add pressure to the pipeline.
- Describe how positive displacement pumps add pressure to the pipeline.
- Describe pump curves and explain what they show.
- Explain control valves and variable speed drives – what do they do and how do they do it.
- List three of the four primary meters used in oil pipelines.
- Explain what provers do and why they are needed.
- Describe the two major differences between scraper launchers and receivers.
- Explain what a ACT is and why they are used.
- Explain why many tanks have roofs that float up and down on the oil in the tank.
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Electric Motors
- Variable Speed Drives
- Control Valves
- Pressure Relief Valves
- Scraper launchers and receivers
- Automatic custody transfer units
- DRA injection equipment
- 73 Power Point slides presented by the instructor via the Webex platform.
- Q & A after each slide.
- Limited to 12 students.
- Company personnel new to the pipeline industry.
- Professional support personnel who want to learn more about the industry so they can interact with those they support.
- Industry vendors and suppliers who want to better understand the industry.
- Others in the industry who want to widen their view and understanding.
For more information