This class is scheduled for November 17 from 9:00 to 10:30 Central time.
Cost: $145 - After you send in your registration an invoice will be sent which can be paid with a credit card via the secure Square site.
Click here to register
Description: Control rooms are the nerve center of the pipeline as control technicians monitor thousands of points; adjusting pressures and directing flow to meet customer needs. From nominations to final delivery, this module covers the control room work-flow as it highlights control room tools and challenges. Control room and incident response videos add to this module’s effectiveness.
- Describe the two different personalities expected from controllers.
- Identify the five control room processes described in the lesson.
- Describe the nomination process.
- Explain the prorationing process.
- Explain how the order of batches is decided.
- Explain why refiners do not like crude oil blending.
- Describe the factors that go into planning the days control activities.
- Explain how line fills are handled with making switches between batches.
- Identify the scada tools used by controllers.
- Explain what should be done when abnormal operations cease.
- Discuss your key learnings from this lesson.
- Learning objectives
- Control Rooms
- Controller Characteristics
- Quality Banks
- Dispatching and Controlling
- Abnormal Operations
- Incident Response
- 71 Power Point slides presented by the instructor and two videos via the Webex platform.
- Q & A after each slide.
- Limited to 12 students.
- Oil pipeline controllers
- Other oil pipeline control room personnel
- Field operations personnel
- Others who work with controllers
- Commercial trading, scheduling, and marketing professionals
For more information