The next public offering of Oil Pipeline Fundamentals is February 11th and 12th, in Houston.
We are currently offering three promotions for the classes:
- discount of $200 for those who register and pay by January 10. Discount code EB. This discount can be combined with the AOPL discount.
- discount of $300 for members of the Young Pipeline Professionals organization. Discount code YPP. This discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- discount of $100 for employees of AOPL member companies. This discount can be combined with the Early Bird discount. Discount code AOPL.
This class is limited to 20 attendees.
Location - TIEC Training Center, 480 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E., Suite 270, Houston, TX 77060
Duration - Day 1- 8:15 to 4:30. Day 2- 8:15 to 1:30.
Cost - $1,595 which includes the class, a color training manual, and lunch and refreshments both days.
Audience - Oil Pipeline Fundamentals is designed specifically for new oil pipeline technical and operating personnel, and those who are employed by oil pipeline companies in accounting, financial, and other support capacities such as HR, legal, supply chain and PR. It is also valuable for those who work for companies which provide support services and sell products and software to oil and gas pipeline companies.
Syllabus - The class is comprised of 11 lessons as shown on the schedule below:
- 8:15 – 8:30 Introductions and safety orientation
- 8:30 – 9:15 Introduction to Midstream
- 9:15– 9:30 Break
- 9:30– 11:30 Equipment and Component
- - pipe, coatings, fittings, valves, actuators
- - pumps, motors variable speed drives and control valves
- - meters, provers, samplers
- - above and below ground storage, fire suppression
- - instruments and controls
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15 Field operations
- 1:15 – 2:00 Control room operations
- 2:00 – 2:15 break
- 2:15 – 3:00 Scada and controls
- 3:00 – 4:00 Introduction to pipeline integrity
- 4:00 – 4:30 Q&A and review
- 8:15 – 8:30 Q&A
- 8:30 – 9:30 Introduction to hydraulics
- 9:30 – 9:45 Break
- 9:45 – 10:30 Pipeline construction
- 10:30 – 11:15 Facility construction
- 11:15 – 12:00 Pipeline regulations
- 12:00 - 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15 Midstream economics
- 1:15 – 1:30 Q&A and review
This is an instructor led class which makes use of slides, videos, and examples from Mr. Miesner's extensive midstream experience.
Instructor - Tom Miesner has a deep midstream background as an operator, executive, business consultant, and board member. The first twenty-five years of his career were spent at Conoco, where he held midstream engineering, operations, business development, strategy and executive positions, including serving as president of Conoco Pipe Line Company for seven years. At the time of the merger between Conoco and Phillips, Tom consulted with ConocoPhillps executive management to develop and staff the combined transportation company. Following the merger, Tom retired from ConocoPhillips to found a midstream consulting company – Pipeline Knowledge & Development.
Tom personally loves to learn and has a passion for knowledge transfer. Over the past 10 years, Tom taught over 140 instructor led classes, both public and private. Tom has worked extensively with FERC in areas of liquid pipeline rate matters, served on the faculty of Northwestern University’s Transportation Institute, and presented on a variety of topics at industry conferences. His book, Oil and Gas Pipelines in Non-Technical Language, was released by Pennwell Publishing in March of 2006. His second book. Local Distribution Pipelines in NonTechnical Language was released by PennWell Publishing in November of 2016 and he is currently working on the second edition of the first book. Tom serves on the Oil and Gas Journal Editorial Board and on the Research Advisory Board for PennEnergy Research.